School’s out for spring break! Join us during our special weekday Matinee Movie times. He's out to prove he's got nothing to prove. From Preston, Idaho comes Napoleon Dynamite (Jon Heder), a new kind of hero complete with a tight red 'fro, some sweet moon boots, and skills that can't be topped. Napoleon lives with his Grandma (Sandy Martin) and his 30-year-old, unemployed brother Kip (Aaron Ruell), who spends his days looking for love in Internet chat rooms. When Grandma hits the road on her quad runner, Napoleon and Kip's meddling Uncle Rico (Jon Gries) comes to town to stay with them and ruin their lives. Images: © 20th Century Fox Film Corp
Did you know?
- Jon Heder drew all of the "drawings" in the movie except the unicorn.
- A "Napoleon Dynamite" festival was held every year from 2004-08 in Preston, Idaho, the city where the movie was filmed. The festival had contests that included a tater-tot eating contest, football-throwing, look-a-likes and other types of competition based on scenes from the movie.
- Aaron Ruell (Kip) had braces put on his teeth for this role (two dentists are thanked in the credits).
- Jon Heder permed his hair for the film.
- Jon Heder was paid $1,000 to play Napoleon Dynamite. The movie grossed over $40,000,000 in the United States.