Limited Capacity Event:
100 of 1041 seats available
CLICK HERE to learn more about The Paramount's Reopening plan and safety guidelines.
This production of The Sleeping Beauty has been delighting audiences in Covent Garden since 1946. A classic of Russian ballet, it established The Royal Ballet both in its new home after World War II and as a world-class company. Sixty years later, in 2006, the original staging was revived, returning Oliver Messel’s wonderful designs and glittering costumes to the stage. Pyotr Il’yich Tchaikovsky’s enchanting score and Marius Petipa’s original choreography beautifully combine with sections created for The Royal Ballet by Frederick Ashton, Anthony Dowell, and Christopher Wheeldon. This ballet is sure to cast its spell over anyone who sees it.
Estimated Run Time: 3 Hours, 20 Minutes
- Choreography by Marius Petipa
- Music by Pyotr Il’yich Tchaikovsky
- Additional choreography by Frederick Ashton, Anthony Dowell, Christopher Wheeldon
- Production by Monica Mason and Christopher Newton after Ninette de Valois and Nicholas Sergeyev
- Original designs Oliver Messel
- Additional designs Peter Farmer
- Lighting designer Mark Jonathan
- Conductor Simon Hewett